1. Chewits,a British confectionary firm,released a list of most scary villains this Christmas.The Joker topped it. Darth Vader and Freddy Keuger came third and fourth.Who was second?
A: George W. Bush
2. ____ and _____ were the largest seafaring provinces in Netherlands and hence these two countries originally discovered by Dutch sailors were named as X and Y.While X later changed to Z the name Y stuck.Id X,Y,Z
A: X = Holland, Y = Zeeland, Z = Australia
3. X was so popular in England that the Germans aimed to make a fatal blow to the public confidence by attributing his death in 1915 to a Zeppelin attack. X?
4. This set of 30 people received an exclusive gift hamper set consisting of Nokia N-Series cell phones,a gold coin,a custom T-Shirt and personalized letter of thanks.Who and why?
A: The stars in the "all star" song from Om Shanti Om as they refused to charge money for appearance.
5. X died in prison on April 28, 1918 due to tuberculosis. Being too young to receive the death penalty X received the maximum sentence of twenty years in prison. What was he imprisoned for?
A: X was Gavrilo Princip, imprisoned for the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, which act precipitated World War I.
6. The first use of this term is attributed to Alfred Thayer Mahan an American naval strategist in an article published in Sept 1902
"The ___________, if I may adopt a term which I have not seen, will some day need its Malta, as well as its Gibraltar; it does not follow that either will be in the Persian Gulf. Naval force has the quality of mobility which carries with it the privilege of temporary absences; but it needs to find on every scene of operation established bases of refit, of supply, and in case of disaster, of security. The British Navy should have the facility to concentrate in force if occasion arise, about Aden, India, and the Persian Gulf "
A: Middle East
7. The kidnapping & murder Adam Walsh was a landmark case in the US bringing about a number of changes like establishment of National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, The Code Adam program for helping lost children in department stores and also the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act.Besides these,the murder also led to something very famous.What it is?
A: America's Most Wanted
8. The recent boxing day test match between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka brought back a tradition last seen 13 years ago to facilitate the general elections held in the country.Which tradition?
A: Rest day
9. Mona Simpson is an American novelist and essayist who's written popular books like Anywhere But Here,Lost Father and A Regular Guy.She's the younger sister of X. Because X was placed for adoption as a baby by their then-unmarried parents, she first met her sibling only as an adult.ID X?
A report of the quiz will be up soon...
A: Steve Jobs
10. A particular graveyard in Burlington, Vermont is the only of its kind, with each addition made with huge fanfare.Who/what is buried in this graveyard?
A: Ben & Jerry's flavours